Toddler Time is a skill or development can be broken down into a number of interrelated steps. There is reasonable consensus about what these include:
- Physical Development: A Child’s growth or an increase in size.
- Gross motor Skill: A Child can learn how to control of large muscles which enable walking, running, jumping and climbing.
- Fine motor Skill: A Child can learn the ability to control small muscles; enabling the toddler to feed themselves, draw and manipulate objects.
- Vision: A Child can learn the ability to see near and far and interpret what is seen.
- Hearing and speech: A Child can learn the ability to hear and receive information and listen, and the ability to understand and learn language and use it to communicate effectively.
- Social Development: A Child can learn the ability to interact with the world through playing with others, taking turns and fantasy play.
Although it is useful to chart defined periods of development, it is also necessary to recognize that development exists on a continuum, with considerable individual differences between children.
A toddler is a child from 12 months to 36 months old. The toddler years are a time of great cognitive, emotional, physical and social development. There is a wide range of what may be considered ‘normal’ development.
QUESTION AND ANSWERToddler Time
- Mon - Wed - Fri : 04:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Tue - Thu - Sat : 03:00 PM to 04:00 PM